Our integrity systems protect the Australian red meat and livestock industry’s disease-free status and underpin the marketing of Australian product as clean, safe and traceable. Join this webinar to hear about the strategy that is driving impact across our supply chains to strengthen the integrity systems and create efficiencies through the eNVD – our industry digital consignment system.
Read the Q&As from the panel session:
Questions that were answered live during the webinar (please refer to recording above to hear the answers)
- How long before ISC moves to one platform for all the programs?
- What is the dollar benefit to the industry of moving to digital consignments?
- Will we be getting rid of the paper-based NVDs any time soon and, if so, when is that likely to be?
- If I want to give the eNVD a go, where is the best place to start?
- Can I do an eNVD on my phone?
- Why does the traceability stop at the abattoir? When you ask a butcher in a shop what breed, or where the meat comes from, they can't tell you. If consumers want to know the traceability, it seems impossible to be able to tell them from the abattoir onwards.
- It appears from Jane's update that ISC has a strong focus on traceability. If this is a focus for ISC, why don't all LPA producers have NLIS accounts when NLIS transfers are part of the LPA compliance?
- How is the 92% satisfaction rating determined?
- What is the percentage use of eNVDs versus hardcopy NVDs?
- Can I select to be audited to know that I am complying with the ISC programs?
- What are the opportunities for ISC to increase the sharing of clean NLIS data for other uses?
- How do we sign up to the ISC newsletter that was mentioned earlier?
Questions taken on notice and answered following the webinar
- When is the integrity system going to be expanded to include traceability of other information on the product, such as carbon neutral or sustainability status. In other words, when we will have a carbon neutral traceability status like we have for the EU status?
Through the development of the Integrity System 2025 (IS2025) Strategic Plan, it was identified that sustainability and environmental credentials were a growing area of focus for consumers of red meat. In delivering the IS2025 Strategy, ISC is working closely with industry stakeholders and MLA to determine how the integrity system might support sustainability in the future.
The technology platforms that underpin our integrity and traceability systems (such as the National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) and the electronic National Vendor Declaration (eNVD)) do have existing functionality for capturing and sharing information about properties and animals through the supply chain, and this could be built upon to support other information about the product that is important to customers in the future.
How ISC investments are creating impact for levy payers
Presented by Jo Quigley
1. Stand by what you sell – a short video that describes how the key integrity system programs link together to ensure producers can stand by what they sell.
2. Webinar series on standing by what you sell.
4. Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) requirements
a. LPA video
5. LPA record keeping templates
6. Using the NLIS database – access the how-to guides
Case study: Creating BIG IMPACT through the eNVD
Presented by Irene Sobotta
a. eNVD video
d. Provide feedback at eNVD@integritysystems.com.au