What is ‘MLA updates: IMPACT webinar series?
- It is important for MLA to provide an update on key programs and enable stakeholders to listen to the MLA staff who are implementing the program and have the opportunity to ask questions. Following on from the successful MLA updates webinar series in 2020, to enable as many stakeholders as possible to participate, MLA has continued with the MLA Updates hosted virtually again this year.
- MLA Updates is free five-part webinar series that will be run in the lead up to the AGM, providing updates on major MLA investments benefiting the industry and our stakeholder’s businesses.
- Attendees will hear about MLA’s key investments, how these support the Strategic Plan, progress to date and what’s on the horizon. The webinar will feature MLA leaders presenting on key programs along with panel discussions and audience Q&As.
What does the IMPACT theme mean?
This is the theme for our 2021 webinar series. Here is an explanation.
A number of game-changing innovations and achievements have contributed to our industry’s prosperity over the years – Meat Standards Australia, objective measurement and processing automation, genetics and genomics, world-leading integrity systems and groundbreaking marketing campaigns, to name a few...
...but how do we continue to unlock value from existing programs and deliver new initiatives to double the value of red meat sales?
It requires us to be bolder, to aim higher and to maintain a razor-sharp focus on the end game.
It means we have to create real, tangible impact.
When are you hosting the webinars?
Webinars will be hosted each Monday starting 18 October 2021 with the final webinar on 15 November 2021. See specific times and dates below.
1. Impact through supply chain innovations
When: Monday 18 October
Time: WA: 10am-11am
2. Impact through sustainability innovations
When: Monday 25 October
Time:... WA: 10am-11am
3. Impact through strengthened integrity systems
When: Monday 1 November
Time:... WA: 10am-11am
4. Marketing impact towards 2030
When: Monday 8 November
Time:... WA: 10am-11am
5. Impact of red meat positioning to build community trust
When: Monday 15 November
Time:... WA: 10am-11am
For the times in other time zones refer to https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/australia
Who are the speakers?
All of the speaker bios can be found at updates.mla.com.au
What is the duration of the webinar?
Each webinar will run for 1 hour. This includes presentations, panel discussions and live Q&A’s
How do I register?
Registration is encouraged within 24 hours of each webinar event to ensure you receive your Email confirmation in advance. People can register by clicking on the register button on the MLA updates web page updates.mla.com.au
Is it free to register / attend?
Yes, these are free to register / attend
Can I register for a friend?
Each person should complete their own registration, as registration is linked to an individual email address, with a unique webinar link. You can register for others if they agree to provide you with their email address and agree to the Terms and Conditions of registration. Preference is for each individual to register themselves at updates.mla.com.au. Each registration will receive an email confirmation to the email supplied including calendar links to the webinars.
I am having trouble registering
For assistance email email@example.com or phone 1800 023 100
The times don’t suit me, can I view the webinars later?
All webinars will be recorded to access after the event. The recordings, along with the associated Q&A’s and resources will be available at updates.mla.com.au
Can I pick which webinars I wish to attend?
On registration you will have the opportunity to select which webinars you would like to register for. The registration confirmation email will include an Add to Calendar link for each webinar you have selected to register for.
Once the webinar is over, will I have access to the materials and recording?
Yes. You will receive an email following the webinar which will include links to the recordings and other associated resources. Recordings will all be available at updates.mla.com.au
I am not an MLA member, can I still register?
What webinar platform are you using / do I need a special account?
Microsoft Teams (MS Teams). You do not need a MS Teams account to attend the webinars. The webinar confirmation email includes the link to join. You will also receive a webinar reminder email closer to the event with webinar login details that you click on to join the webinar.
What emails are attendees receiving?
For each of the webinars, registered attendees will receive the following emails:
- Confirmation of registration within 24 hours of registration outlining registered webinars and Add to Calendar link containing each webinar login link
- Reminder of the upcoming webinar within 24 hours prior to the registered webinar
- Post-webinar email with access to webinar recording, Q&As, additional resources and attendee survey
The sender for emails is Meat & Livestock Australia (email address firstname.lastname@example.org)
I can’t find the webinar link
- Your webinar login link is contained within the Add to Calendar event confirmation
- Your webinar login link will be included in the Reminder email sent within 24 hours of each selected webinar. Be sure to check your junk folder.
- If registering within two hours of the webinar starting time you may not receive your emailed registration confirmation in time to access your unique webinar login link. If this is the case, once you’ve submitted your registration, a webpage will appear confirming registration and include a generic webinar login link to use for that day’s webinar. You will still receive an emailed registration confirmation that will contain details on any other webinars you have registered for, along with unique login details for each webinar.
- If you still need assistance with finding your webinar link you can contact email@example.com or phone 1800 023 100
Will I be able to ask questions?
Yes. There is a short 10-15-minute panel discussion for Q&A at the end of the webinar. You are invited to ask questions using the Q&A function on MS Teams. The webinar host will provide instructions on how to interact. Note, to ensure webinar events do not run overtime the ability to answer all questions may be limited. All Q&As will be answered post-event with these available at updates.mla.com.au
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
When is MLA’s AGM?
Meat & Livestock Australia's 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on 25 November 2021 at 3:30pm (AEDT) online.
What is an AGM?
An AGM is a meeting of the members of a company. It must be held at least once in each calendar year, within five months of the end of the company’s financial year.
Who can attend MLA’s AGM?
MLA’s AGM can be attended by:
- MLA members
- any proxy, attorney or representative appointed by an MLA member
- other persons permitted by MLA
What is the business of an AGM?
The 2021 business for MLA’s AGM is set out in the 2021 Notice of Meeting. The business to be considered includes:
- Item 1 - the consideration of the annual Financial Report, Directors’ report and the Auditor’s report for 2020-21
- Item 2 - the election of directors
- Item 3 - the election of a cattle producer representative selection committee member
- Item 4 - questions or comments from members about the management of the company.
How can I vote at the AGM?
Voting papers will be sent out to members in an AGM pack that will be issued from 4 October 2021. If you can’t attend the AGM or want to vote before the day, submit your vote online at www.computershare.com.au/mlavoting
Can I register for the MLA AGM via the MLA Updates registration page?
No, the MLA AGM is a separate event and requires a separate registration process. Details about AGM registration will be issued in early October 2021.